Welcome to the world’s sixth largest steel plant.
Located at Toranagallu village in the Ballari-Hospete iron ore belt, our 10,000-acre, fully integrated Vijayanagar steelworks is well-connected to both Goa and Chennai ports. With our cutting-edge of technology and constant innovation, it has emerged as a steel plant with one of the most efficient conversion costs globally.
What sets us apart
- Boasts of a capacity of a whopping 12 million tonnes per annum (MTPA)
- Houses India’s widest hot strip mill and one of India’s largest blast furnaces
- Produces 800-plus tonnes per person per annum, making it the most productive steel plant in India
- Recognised for its ‘zero-effluent discharge’ status; reuses more than 95 per cent of process waste
- Has a low carbon footprint, with 96% of coke oven gas for power generation being recycled
- Uses Corex technology for hot metal production
- Employs a large-scale, low-grade iron ore beneficiation process
- Uses pelletisation based on dry and wet process
- Is the only plant with a combination of both non-recovery and recovery type of coke ovens
- Is the only plant in India with pair-cross technology and twin-stand reversible cold-rolling mill
- Uses sophisticated ambient air control infrastructure beyond and has reduced gas flaring
At the cutting edge of technology
Vijayanagar works has developed the most unique technologies & houses best-in-class infrastructure
We are Ambitious, Yet Caring
At Vijayanagar, preserving and protecting the Earth's precious natural resources is our priority.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Vijaynagar has been at the cusp of breakthroughs
Winner of 107 Awards
Our Product Line