chat with us
Frequently asked questions

Investors FAQs


Our recent financial report can be found here


Our annual report recent years can be found here

Information on JSW Steel’s shareholding structure, is here

JSW Steel is a Mumbai-based company and details of its board of directors is here

You will have to send the share certificates and the Share Transfer Deed (available with Stock Exchange/Share Brokers) duly filled in, executed and affixed with share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. Please note that copies of self attested pan cards of all the transferees are mandatory for registration of transfers. The shares, along with the Share Transfer Deed and copies of self attested pan cards will have to be sent to Karvy Computershare Private Limited at the following address:

Karvy Computershare Private Limited

Plot No.17 to 24, Vittalrao Nagar,

Madhapur Hyderabad - 500 081

Ph: 040 - 44655000

Fax: 040 - 23420814


Toll Free Number : 1800-345-4001


It takes 15 days to process the transfer. Once the shares are registered in your name, you will receive the original share certificates duly endorsed/transferred. It is advisable to get your shares dematerialized through your Depository Participant. Please refer to Point II on dematerialization of shares for more details.

The procedure for registering gifted shares is the same as the procedure for a normal transfer. Stamp duty is also applicable on gifted shares and the duty is at 0.25% of the market value prevailing on the date of execution of the transfer deed.

Registration of Share Transfer is carried out only at:

Karvy Computershare Private Limited

Plot No.17 to 24,

Vittalrao Nagar,

Madhapur Hyderabad - 500 081


You will have to lodge the shares, either by personal delivery or through post/reputed courier.

Since our Branch Offices do not handle share transfer processing, kindly do not hand over your shares at Branch offices or other offices of our Company.

Alternatively, you may lodge shares with our Investor Service Counter at:

JSW Steel Limited JSW Centre,

Bandra Kurla Complex,

Bandra East,

Mumbai-400 051

The stamp duty applicable on share transfer is at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. Share Transfer Stamps can be obtained from the authorized stamp vendors. Your share brokercan also help you in this regard. Alternatively, you can get the Transfer Deed franked with the requisite stamp fee by any bank where franking services are available

When the Transfer Deed with the filled in transferor’s details comes to you, please ensure that the requisite details such as folio number, certificate number, distinctive number, name of the holder(s), name and address of witnesses are filled in. Please also ensure that the Transfer Deed is signed by the transferor(s) (signatures of all holders in case of joint holding) and the witness. Please note that attestation of transferor’s signature by a Manager of a nationalized bank where the transferor holds a savings account will minimize the chances of rejection of transfer request on account of signature mismatch. Please fill in all the columns of the transfer deed, sign as transferee at appropriate places and affix share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. Please ensure that the transfer deed is duly filled in and executed as explained, to avoid any discrepancy/objection on lodgement.

To add a joint-holder name to your shareholding, please execute a stamped transfer deed and submit the same to the Investor Service Counter for transfer. Please note that such additions amount to a change in ownership of shares and the transfer procedure explained above has to be followed.

A transfer deed is valid for a period of one year from the presentation date indicated on the stamp affixed by the Registrar of Companies on the upper portion of the deed or the closure date of Register of Members immediately after the presentation date, whichever is later. Please check whether your transfer deed is still valid. If so, submit the transfer deed duly executed and stamped along with share certificates to our Investor Service Counter for transfer in your favour. If the validity period of the transfer deed has expired, please approach the Registrar of Companies to extend the validity of the transfer deed. Alternatively, you may approach the registered holder/seller whose signature appears on the transfer deed as Transferor to execute fresh transfer deeds. Thereafter, you may submit the revalidated / fresh transfer deed to the Investor Service Counter for transfer.

Dematerialization (or Demat) signifies the conversion of a share certificate from its present physical form to electronic form for the same number of holdings. It is a direct application of scope provided by the tremendous progress made in the area of Information Technology, whereby voluminous and cumbersome paper work involved in the scrip based system is eliminated. It offers scope for paperless trading through state-of-the-art technology, whereby share transactions and transfers are processed electronically without involving any share certificate or transfer deed after the share certificates have been converted from physical to electronic form. Demat attempts to avoid the time consuming and complex process of getting shares transferred in the name of buyers and also aims to shirk inherent problems of bad deliveries, delay in processing, fraudulent interception in postal transit, etc. Dematerialization of shares is optional and an investor can still hold shares in the physical form. However, he/she has to demat the shares if he/she wishes to sell the same through the Stock Exchanges. Similarly, if an investor purchases shares, he/she will get delivery of the shares in demat form. The Depositories Act, 1996 has been enacted to regulate the matters related and incidental to the operation of Depositories and demat operations. Two Depositories are in operation - National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).

The operations in the Depository System involve the Depositories, Depository Participants, Company/Registrars and Investors. A Depository (NSDL and CDSL) is an organization like a Central Bank, i.e. Reserve Bank where the securities of an investor are held in the electronic form through Depository Participants. A Depository Participant is the agent of the Depository and is the medium through which shares are held in the electronic form. They are also the representatives of the Investor, providing the link between the Investor and the Company/ Registrar through the Depository. To draw an analogy, the Depository System functions in a manner similar to a banking system. A bank holds funds in accounts whereas a Depository holds securities in accounts for its clients. A bank transfers funds between accounts while a Depository transfers securities between accounts. In both systems, the transfer of funds or securities occurs without the actual handling of funds or securities. Both, the bank and the Depository, are accountable for the safe keeping of funds and securities respectively.The Company signs an Agreement with NSDL/CDSL (the depositories) and installs the necessary hardware/software for operations.

First, please open an account with a Depository Participant (DP) and obtain a unique Client ID number. Thereafter, kindly fill up a Dematerialization Request Form (DRF) provided by the DP and surrender thephysical shares intended to be dematted to the DP. Upon receipt of the shares and the DRF, the DP will send electronic requests through the Depository to the Company/Registrar for confirmation of demat. Each request will bear a unique transaction number. Simultaneously, the DP will surrender the DRF and the shares to the Company with a covering letter requesting the Company/Registrar to confirm the demat. After verifying the documents received from the DP, the Company/Registrar will confirm the demat to the Depository. This confirmation will be passed on from the Depository to the DP, which holds your account. After receiving this confirmation from the Depository, the DP will credit the account with the dematerialized shares. The DP will then hold the shares in the dematerialized form on your behalf and you become the beneficial owner of these dematerialized shares.

If you hold shares in the electronic form, you have the option of converting your holding to the physical form by submitting a Re-materialization Request Form (RRF) through your DP. The procedure is similar to that of Dematerialization. Upon receiving such a request from your DP, the Company will issue physical share certificates for the number of re-materialized shares.

The charges for demat have to be borne by the shareholder. The charges differ from DP to DP and therefore you will have to contact your DP for details regarding the same.

Shares should be registered in your favour before they can be dematted. Please follow the procedure explained in Point I above on transfer of shares.

Yes. With effect from 5thApril, 1999 it has become mandatory to trade shares in demat form. However, you can exercise the option of holding the shares in physical form.

On the Record date, the Depository Participants will provide a list of demat account holders indicating the number of shares held in electronic form (known as Benpos Beneficiary Position). On the basis of Benpos, the Company will make dividend payments in favour of the demat account holders. The rights of the shareholders holding shares in demat form are at par with holders of shares in physical form. Hence, you will be eligible to procure the Annual Report and can rightfully attend the AGM as a shareholder. It is advisable to register your NECS mandate with your Depository Participant to enable us credit all your dividends electronically.

As per the Depository Regulations, the Company is obliged to take on record the details of demat shareholders furnished by the concerned Depository Participant. The Company cannot make any change in such records received from the Depository.

To make a nomination, please submit a duly filled in and signed nomination form (Form 2B) in duplicate. If you hold shares along with other holders, then all holders are required to sign the nomination form. Nomination Form is available here

Nomination in respect of shares held in physical form can be sent to the Company. After the Companyreceives the form and finds it in order, a registration number will be allotted to the nomination. A duplicate copy of the nomination form submitted by you will then be returned to you with an endorsement indicating the registration number and date. In case of dematted shares, your nomination has to be recorded with your Depository Participant. Option for multiple nominations for each folio is also available.

It is not necessary to send your share certificate at the time of registration of nomination.

Joint holders are not nominees. They are joint holders of the relevant shares. In the event of death of any one of the joint holders, the surviving joint holder/s of the shares is/are the only person/persons recognized by the Company as the holders of the shares.

A nomination once made can be revoked by submitting a fresh nomination. If the nomination is made by joint holders, and one of the joint-holders dies, the surviving joint holder/s can make a fresh nomination by revoking the existing nomination.

In case of shares held by sole holder, upon the death of the shareholder, the nominee, to the exclusion of any other legal heir/beneficiary, is the only person in whom the shares vest. In other words, in case of a valid nomination, the Company will not entertain any claim from legal heirs or beneficiaries and the shares will be transmitted only in favour of the Nominee. In case the nomination is made by joint-holders, it will come into play only upon the death of all the joint holders. Therefore, if one of the joint shareholders dies, the shares will devolve on the surviving shareholders to the exclusion of the nominee. In this case, the surviving shareholders may make a fresh nomination if they so desire.

Upon the death of a shareholder, the nominee is entitled to have the shares transmitted in his favour. He/she is required to submit a notice in writing to this effect along with the original share certificate and an attested copy of the death certificate of the deceased shareholders. If a nominee opts for registration of shares in his/her name, he/she has to submit a Transmission Form along with a copy of the pan card and proof of address, e.g. copy of passport, driving license, voter's identity card or such other proof, to the satisfaction of the Company. Upon scrutiny of the documents submitted by the nominee, shares will be transmitted in his/her favour and share certificates will be returned to him/her duly endorsed.

For making a nomination with respect to dematted shares, you will have to approach your DP.

The surviving shareholders are required to submit a request letter supported by a self attested copy of pan card of all surviving holders, an attested copy of the Death Certificate of the deceased shareholder and the relevant share certificates. It is advisable if the documents are accompanied by a duly executed Transmission Form. The form is available for download on the website. The Company, on receipt of the said documents, will delete the name of deceased shareholder from its records and return the share certificates to the applicant/registered holder with the necessary endorsement.

The legal heirs are required to obtain a Succession Certificate or Letter of Administration with respect to the shares. A true copy of the same, duly attested by the Court Officer or Notary, should be sent to the Company along with a request letter, pan card of all the claimants, transmission form and all original share certificates for transmission in their favour.

The legal heirs are required to get the Will probated by the High Court/District Court of competent jurisdiction and then send us a probated copy of the Will. This should be accompanied by a relevant schedule/annexure setting out the details of the shares, the relevant share certificates in original, the transmission form for transmission, self attested pan card and address proofs of all the claimants.

To get the shares transmitted in your name, kindly obtain a Succession Certificate/Letter of Administration of the last deceased joint holder in your favour and follow the procedure for transmission of shares.

In order to ascertain that the Will in question is the last Will and testament made by the deceased, it is important that the same is authenticated/probated by the Court. This is to protect the interest of the investors at large and to obviate any future claims/disputes on the same.

As per law, the joint holder is deemed to be having indivisible ownership of the joint property and the Company cannot ascertain as to how or why the name was included. As per the Articles of Association of the Company, the surviving joint holders are the only persons recognised as having title to the shares.

Kindly send a request letter quoting the folio number signed by all the shareholders providing the new address along with the pin code. The request letter should be accompanied by a copy of pan card of all the holders and a valid proof of address.

No. There can be only one registered address for one folio.

Since your Depository Participant maintains the records of your dematted shares, you have to approach your DP to effect any change in your address.

You may write to the Investor Service Department of the Company furnishing the particulars of the dividend not received Also quote your folio number/client ID particulars (in case of dematted shares). We will check our records and issue a duplicate dividend warrant if the dividend remains unpaid in the records of the Company. A indemnity bond will be required if the unpaid dividend amount exceeds Rs1000/-.

No duplicate can be issued during the validity of the original warrant. Hence, if the validity period of the lost dividend warrant has not yet expired, you will have to wait till the expiry date. However, once the validity period has expired, if the dividend warrant is still shown as unpaid in our Bank Statement, we shall issue a duplicate warrant expeditiously.

The amounts of the unclaimed dividend declared by the erstwhile Jindal Iron & Steel Company Limited (JISCO) upto the financial year ended 31st March, 1995 have been transferred to the General Revenue Account of the Central Government in terms of Section 205A of the Companies Act, 1956. Shareholders who have not yet encashed their Dividend Warrants for the said period are requested to forward their claims in Form No. II prescribed under The Companies Unpaid Dividend (Transfer to General Revenue Account of the Central Government) Rules, 1978 to. The Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra, Hakoba Compound, 2nd Floor, Fancy Corpn. Ltd. Estate, Dattaram Lad Marg, Kalachowkie, Mumbai - 400 033. Consequent upon amendment to Section 205A of the Companies Act, 1956 and introduction of Section 205C by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 1999, the amount of dividend for the subsequent years remaining unpaid or unclaimed for a period of seven years from the date of transfer to Unpaid Dividend Account of the Company shall be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) set up by the Government of India and no payments shall be made in respect of any such claims, by the Fund. Accordingly, all unclaimed/unpaid dividends of erstwhile Jindal Iron & Steel Limited (now merged with JSW Steel Limited) in respect of financial years 1995-96 to 2002-03 have been transferred to IEPF. Members who have not encashed their dividend warrants for the year F.Y 2003- 2004 or thereafter are requested to write to the Company's Registrars and Share Transfer Agents- Karvy Computershare Private Limited.

Under this system, you can receive your dividend electronically by way of direct credit to your bank account. This avoids a lot of hassles like loss, postal delay, and fraudulent interception of dividend warrants during postal transit. This also expedites payment through credit to your account compared to dividend warrants in the physical form. We would strongly recommend that you opt for NECS, if you have not done so already.

If you are holding shares in physical form, you are required to submit the NECS form, which can be downloaded from our website duly completed along with a photocopy of cheque leaf and we shall take due note of the same in our records. All subsequent dividends will be paid to you through direct credit to your bank account. If you are holding shares in demat form, you may approach your Depository Participant for updating NECS mandate.

Equity Shares

The Equity Shares of the Company are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange of India Limited(NSE).

Stock code

Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE)  500228

National Stock Exchange of India Limited(NSE)  JSWSTEEL

ISIN No. for Dematerialisation of Equity Shares: INE019A01020

ISIN No. for 10% Cumulative Redeemable Preference Shares: INE019A04016


Debentures of the Company as under are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange Limited

  Stock code  Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE)

  934657, 945781, 946540, 946594, 945893, 946364, 946501, 947905,948841


INE548G07014 - 11.82% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE710B07011 – 11.82% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE019A07175 - 10.10% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE019A07191 - 10.10% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE019A07126 - 10.25% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE019A07167 - 10.60% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE019A07183 - 10.60% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE019A07233 – 11.00% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each

INE019A07241 - 10.34% Secured Redeemable NCD of Rs.10 Lakhs each